How long have you been and playing piano?
I have been playing piano for over 20 years, and teaching for over 6 years.
- Initiated his musical studies in the Escuela de Cultura y Difusion Artistica “Armando Dufey” in Temuco, with Mirta Millas as her professor. In 1998 entered the Conservatory of Music of the Austral University of Chile where he obtained with highest honors, a Bachelor of Music in March of 2006. In 2008 he entered at Texas Christian University and graduated in 2010 finishing the Artist Diploma program under the direction of Professor Harold Martina.
- During his academic years at the conservatory, Mr. Cuevas accomplished a high level of academic and artistic excellence and was awarded the Distinction of Artistic Merit (2004) and the Fernando Santivan Medal (2005) given by the Austral University of Chile. In 2004, during the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Austral University he was elected as the outstanding student of the Conservatory of Music of the Austral University and received an Honor Scholarship, as a reward for his distinguished level of academic and artistic performance.
- In the year 2002 he was the First Prize winner in Level III of the Claudio Arrau” International Piano Competition. In the year 2004 he won the First Honorable Mention in Level IV of the same competition. In 2012 he was a finalist in the 5th Panama International Piano Competition.
- In 1999 Marco Antonio composed his first violin concerto which was premiered by the Chamber Orchestra of the Conservatory of the Austral University of Chile.
- For the years 2005 and 2006 Marco was the Official Pianist of the Municipal Theater of Temuco, thus working with the orchestra, choir and soloists of this theater during the complete seasons for those years, in which he played works from the Choral Symphony and Opera repertoire. Mr. Cuevas has played in Master Classes for José Feghali, Vladimir Feltsman, Daniel Herscovitch, Yoheved Kaplinsky, Ursula Oppens, Thomas Rosenkranz and Bernd Zack.
- Marco A. Cuevas has been presented as a concert pianist, offering recitals in Santiago, Temuco, La Serena, Valparaiso, Cartagena, Chillan, Concepcion, Valdivia, Osorno, Puerto Montt and Chiloe (all the above in Chile), as well as in Italy, Panama and the United States. As a soloist he has played with the Chamber Orchestra of the Conservatory of Music of the Austral University and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Temuco.
- Recently during 2013 Marco has performed in Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Hannover, Lüneburg and in the HerzbergCastle in Harz (Alemania); receiving an excellent critique in the German Press.
- In December 2013 Mr. Cuevas obtained a Masters of Music in Piano Performance under the guidance of Professor Harold Martina.